How We Use Information Received Or Collected
Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information as follows:
- to provide, personalize, customize, localize and improve your experience with the Service and products, and advertising (including for third-party products and services) made available on or outside the Service (including on other sites that you visit);
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyze your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
- to allow you to share and collaborate on User Content, send messages, and invite others to use the Services;
- to give you access to your purchase and sales history, payment transaction history, internal email and other features and functionalities;
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for informational, marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, text messages using automatic dialing system, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us and any governing laws of your country;
- to provide you with location-based features, information, advertising, or other content using your geo-location information and/or your location in relation to other Holiday Hare users;
- to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
- to customize, measure, personalize and improve our Services;
- to provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information; and
Information Sharing And Disclosure
We do not disclose personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Holiday Hare except in the limited circumstances described here:
- Members of Holiday Hare to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, to guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, tools, services and communications and to provide customized advertising. Members of Holiday Hare may use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to their services and will use your personal information in compliance with their respective privacy policies standards.
- Members of Holiday Hare to prevent fraud or assess and manage risk (including to help protect your account from fraudulent activity or alert you if we detect such fraudulent activity on your account), to provide customer services (including to help service your account or resolve disputes, e.g., billing or transactional), and to comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Third party service providers, payment processors and financial institutions under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud detection and investigations, identity verification services, payment processing, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, website operations, fulfillment and delivery services or ticket cancellation and reissue services).
- Other Holiday Hare service users, whether located in your country of residence or outside of your country of residence, as necessary, appropriate, or as authorized by your use of our Services.
- Local and foreign law enforcement or regulatory agencies, other government officials or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation (i.e. a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure) or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Holiday Hare user to legal liability, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders, or the assessment or collection of tax or duty. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, fraud complaints, sales and/or purchase history or payment transaction history.
- Third parties commencing, or involved in, a legal proceeding if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or similar legal document, or if such disclosure is necessary for the purpose of obtaining legal advice or is necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising, or defending legal rights. You should also be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
- In legal or administrative proceedings when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
- Credit bureaus to which we might report information about your account, including information on late fee payments, missed fee payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report, as allowed by applicable law. We may share information about you in order to check your creditworthiness and solvency.
- We may share your information with other third parties with whom we have business relationships and, in some cases, we cannot control or know their privacy practices. By visiting our sites, you affirmatively consent to our collection, use, and distribution of your data.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Other than as set forth in this policy, we do not share your personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our service to you, and which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential.
- We may share (provide and receive) aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with others. This information may include demographic data such as the gender and/or geographic location of groups of users, but it will not include personal information (such as your name or email address). We use aggregate demographic information about our audience in order to improve our service, for research purposes, marketing/promotional purposes and/or for industry reporting purposes, among others.
Information and Communication Preferences.
- Personal information. : If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account. You can also permanently delete your Holiday Hare account. If you follow the instructions here, your account will be deactivated and then deleted. When deactivated, your account, including your name, username, and public profile, is not viewable on holidayhare.com. For up to 30 days after deactivation it is still possible to restore your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. Absent a separate arrangement between you and us to extend your deactivation period, after 30 days, we begin the process of deleting your account from our systems, which can take up to a week. Cancellation or deactivation of your account does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you may have posted or otherwise made available publicly on the Service while you were a registered user. Keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, such as your user profile information and public comments, even after you have deleted the information from the Services or deactivated your account. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
- Holiday Hare Profile Visibility. : When you register for the Service, your profile and listening activity will be public. When the visibility of your Holiday Hare profile is set to public, the Service automatically publishes your listening activity to your profile. We provide you with the ability to change the degree of visibility of your Holiday Hare profile in your account settings. Please note that changes to the visibility of your Holiday Hare profile do not have any impact on the advertising you may see if you use the ad-supported version of the Service.
- Geo-Location Information. : If you do not want us to collect your precise geo-location information, you may prohibit the sharing of this information or you can opt out of sharing this information at any time by changing the relevant preferences and permissions on your device. If you elect not to share precise geo-location information with us, you may still access our website and Services, but your ability to use certain features may be significantly limited. Even if you do not provide us with consent to collect precise geo-location information from your computer or mobile device, we may use your IP address, or other geo-location information that you provide us with (such as your city or zip code), to infer an approximation of your location when using certain features of the Holiday Hare services, such as searching for items in your area.
- Your Email Preferences. : When you register for the Service, you may elect to receive promotional, marketing, or other similar emails tailored to your interests. You have the option to change this election in the Settings section of our Service. We will send you transaction confirmation emails and other Service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Public Information. : Information that is publicly available, such as playlists, may be used, re-shared, or linked to by others on the Service or across the web based upon your settings. Remember that even if you remove a wishlist or make a wishlist private, others who already subscribe to it or who otherwise have access to it may continue to have access to it. Wishlists and other information added to your profile may include personal information, such as username, which could enable other persons to find you within the Holiday Hare Service or other services.
- Push Notifications. : Upon download of certain Services, you are provided the option to opt into receiving push notifications from Holiday Hare on your device and within the application. If you no longer wish to receive notifications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences by logging into your account or by disabling notifications in your device settings.
- Advertising : We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent. If you do not wish to participate in our ad-customization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop targeted advertising, but it will still allow the collection of usage data for certain purposes (e.g. research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes).
We are committed to protecting your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact
Links To Other Websites
Service and certain advertisements on our Service include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Holiday Hare. If you submit personal information to any of those websites, the privacy statements and practices of those websites govern their use of your information. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of any third party before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information.
Our websites are general audience websites, and our Services are not intended for children under the age of 14. Holiday Hare prohibits registration by, and does not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under 14 years of age. In the event we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from children under the age of 14, we will take measures to remove such information from our servers. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 14, please contact us at
Changes To This Policy.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org